Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Proliss Curling Wand

Back in December I saw a Groupon deal for an Iso Proliss Twister "Curling Wand" discounted from $300 to only $30! I've been wanting to purchase one for a while because I wasn't happy with my current clamp curling iron & had heard good things about the wand. I first checked with my friend & hair stylist Nicole who confirmed that the brand was reputable, after receiving her blessing I decided to give it a go. I waited 2 1/2 months for the curling wand, and it FINALLY arrived in the mail this past Friday .. yeah the wait for it was ridiculous, I don't know why it took so long. Anyways, I finally got to try curling my hair with it last night & I was pleasantly surprised!

Review: I am by no means a hair/hair product expert, just a regular girl who likes to curl her hair every once in a while & was very happy with this product. The Curling Wand package came with the 32mm wand as well as a heat glove to protect your fingers while using the wand. I burnt my fingers a couple of times at first (I didn't wear the glove) but quickly got the hang of it & was burn free for the rest of my curling. I really liked using a wand much more for curling than a regular "clamp" curling iron or my straightener. When I tried using a clamp curling iron or straightener to curl my hair I always ended up with one side looking fabulous & the other side looking crazy. The wand has only one heat setting & is very easy to use on both sides which makes it easy to achieve consistent curls all over. I usually struggle with curling the back pieces because they get all clumpy & it doesn't look natural, but that didn't happen when I used the wand. To keep the curls locked in I lightly sprayed them with some hair spray & they lasted all night! 
** I purchased the curling wand with my own money & chose to write a review because I enjoy sharing products with all of you that I truly love <3 **

Please ignore this goofy video I posted .. I was in one of those moods :-) Plus I laughed so hard at the original video here, that I felt I had to pay homage to the poor girl who burnt her hair off. Even though I was joking around in the video & didn't actually have it plugged in I used the same technique shown to actually curl my hair. I also separated my hair into different layers so that it was easier to keep track of what pieces I'd already curled. Good luck in your curling adventures!

10 comments:

  1. What a great deal. Your hair looks amaze balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your video! Yo, I laughed at the poor girl's burnt hair. But, I gotta give it to her, she didn't freak out. I would've been raining curses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sell the same want brand etc at target and e bay for around $40.00. i was bad to see that after i bought it on groupon that these places sold it for around the same price. so is this wand really worth $220.00???????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that it's worth $220, but for $30 I'm very pleased with it & the results that it produced :)

      Delete
  4. When I tried using a clamp curling iron or straightener to curl my hair I always ended up with one side looking fabulous & the other side looking ... straightenercurler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When First time I curled my hairs with curling wand I was very excited, and my hairs looked so wonderful after that. So I bought best curling iron to make the process fast as simply I can make curls in my hairs in just few minutes now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great review. I am looking for good curling wand for my wife. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to read your article.
    Thanks for share the article.
    Thank you so much.
    official source

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to write Best curling Iron review you wxplain really good and video also help me now i can buy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3